Tuesday, December 11, 2007

Alone on the road

Dear Jing Li:

It was the first day I work as an intern in Double Vision Sdn. Bhd. While waiting for Vicky, I was chating and taking photos with Jason, to reduce our nervousness. Around 11am, we met up with Vicky - our contact person, from her young appearance, I din know that she is actually married and having children. After briefing and giving us a short tour, Vicky asked us to read a 16 series script. Haha, that was hard for Jason I think. He was moving here and there, cannot sit static on the chair. Since I am the kind of people who like to murmur to myself when reading, I finally decided to summarise the story for Jason, this is so called 'one stone two birds' ^^

Jason & ME


Vicky & ME

We are following a mandarin program entitled '情牵南苑' / 'Age of Glory', which the story happened in 60's, witnesses the growth and development of Malaysia. The story is based on the main actress - ROSE. The prodcution team is going to set up the virtual BB Park, which I think Jason might involve in since he is under the Props Master - Ah Fong. However, I still haven meet my supervisior - Crystal, a casting manager. I am going to meet her up on Wednesday. Half way reading, the producer phoned me, asked me to follow the production team C. My day has started! We took a 45 minutes journey to reach Semenyih where the shooting took place. It was raining whole day, making my sports shoes and socks dirty and wet.

In the van, heading to Semenyih

I knew following a production team is tough but I din know that is was that tough :( Luckily, I knew few bubbly and talkative friends there. Coincidently, most of them are same with me. Although I am the PA, but nothing much I can help. I need to take initiative to ask them. The most depress part is, I did but they were all very busy with their works. Feel like I was just disturbing them there. I felt like I was useless there. Haiz....Hope after becoming closer with them, I can help them out. The crews are very professional, it is totally different from our university production team. Once the director or the assistant director don't satisfy with the shot cmposition, clothing, make up or pros, they can fix it within 5 minutes. To tell u frankly, I am not exaggerating! Really! ^^

Bao3 Yan4 (Props assistant) & ME

Yi4 Ling2 (Scriptwriter)

Hoho, moreover, the director is damn YENG, with few words, he can express out what he wants the actors to do. As for those actors, they were very nice and humorous, making all of the crews laugh. Though I saw the familiar actors, I am feelingless. I suppose I am not that kind of people who crazy in chasing the movie stars. Haha, but then they are just like normal people as us. They are humble and friendly. I was touched when the main actress - ROSE patted my shoulder after the wrap. She said :"San1 Fu2 Sai4"..Ho! Feel like crying that time, I was a nobody there. I did nothing there, just help out a lttle bit, but then I got such warm words. On the spot, I told myself, I am going to follow this team till the end of the world, no matter how hard it is haha!

Orange colour shirt tall guy - Director

Green white shirt guy-Ah Sing, PA

The technical crews
p/s: One thing funny about the crews there, when is rolling, everybody need to be silent. Haha, te funniest part, the crews will start their non verbal cues - n they are very GEng one. They can use their nonverbal launguage to RAP the rude word song! Alamak....they really know how to entertain themselves in such a hectic situation!
'Any action committed in anger is an action doomed to failure'

4 comments:

thelamb said...

=) glad to hear that you're 1st day wasn't disasterous ahaha anyways i like ur last 2 lines alot =) Ka yau! i'm sure it'll be fantastic =)

wow every1 looks so pro ... hopefully we'll be like that too =) anyways i wish you all the best!

jassed said...

gahaha, it rained during our night shooting too. We were basically yum cha while waiting for it to stop. but it never did. so our mr director roll gei anyway.

Carol said...

hi baby again!
It's great to read your experience.
It sounds so exciting and interesting!
You're positive and I think that's gonna bring you somewhere eventually.
You can do it!!!
Believe in yourself!!
Muacks!
Can't wait to hear more...

Anonymous said...

SOoOOOOfunny!!!! I hope i can be involve in the team toooo.... that's sound like very interesting-- u can work wif the director, photosnap wif the scriptwriter, meet the actorsss, talk to the team... hope u can enjoy learning in the production~ * i scared nobody will talk to me in the editing room~ wish u luck and wish me luck too~~ You can master ur TIRED rite?